Monday, January 15, 2007

Hello all


Hey all, this is Robert. Just thought i'd post on this day of monday not really a rant but more of just a couple things that have been on my mind.



1. Sometimes I lose sight of how important and how involved God really is in our lives. One of the only good things that comes from that is the feeling of coming back. Sometimes I wish I could live every day of every hour worshipping, praying, and rejoicing in Him. But being I am human I will never be able to do that. All I can do is strive for that and know that when I mess up, He is right there to catch me fall.


2. For Christmas my Mother gave me a cd/dvd of the Christian band Kutless. All I have to say is wow. The music on it is really good but it is the dvd that got me. For those of you who dont know, Kutless is a hard rock Christian band. I'm talking VERY hardrock. They have some soft songs out there, but some very hard rock. They attract believers as well as non believers as well. What caught me off guard though is the fact that through this hard music, they glorify him. If you look in the crowd you see a whole different generation of belieivers out there. A generation that doesn't resemble anything traditional. But, the big thing is they love God just as much as the most "traditional" Christian does. And the sad thing is is that we sometimes have a hard time fellowshipping because "they look different".


I love what the lead singer of Delirious said at a concert in Sydney " This isn't just a youth movement, this is the Church." Think about that for a couple minutes.


3. I think we as Christians sometimes get so caught up in the Us and Them attitude that we forget to love. There are so many people in our society who are lost, confused and in dire need of a savior. If we could just learn to love like God loves us (which is what the Bible tells us to do) my prediction would be that our society wouldn't know what hit them. "Wow, that guy just gave me $100, why did he do that?" or " Man I am having a horrible day, got fired, marriage is crumbling. Could this day get any worse?" then you step in " Hello, I just wanted to tell you that you look kind of down, and that I love you. If there is anything I could do for you? A ride? Some money? Flowers for the wife?" Can anyone else see where these conversations would go? Such simple stuff that a lot of us (esspecially myself) don't do on a regular basis if not at all.


Of course no glory can come to anything without the blessings of God. He is the almighty. I also think that we need to step out of our comfort zone, to the realm of the unknown. Anybody who listens to Casting Crowns know that that's where Jesus is. And without him, we will accomplish nothing.


So to summarize it up..


1.Love like God loves us (even though he loves us so unconditionally that we as humans have an INCREDIBLY hard time grasping it sometimes)

2.Trust in God

3. Walk by Faith in him.


On a lighter side it always amazes me how technology moves. I am about 30 times smarter on the computer then my dad. And I started with that stuff when I was about 12. I am (sticking out chest) part of the computer generation. Technology is my thing. Well not really, but compared to most older people I just have a better grasp on it. I however am realizing that soon I will be my dad and my son will be me. I have proof. There it is at the top.
Love you all and God Bless.

1 comment:

MamaK said...

Good reminders, bro, about surprising folks with love. Thanks!

And great picture of Jaden. I just wanna give his little head a noogie!
;-D