Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hey everyone

Hey guy's its Robert again. How is everyone doing? I'm alright. Things are going good here. If you all don't mind I'm going to give you all a little rant if you don't mind:)

I just got done watching some Creation Vs Evolution video clips on Youtube. Very very interesting. I invite you to check it out for yourself if you get a chance. Some of them are very harsh towards Christianity/creationism. One member even said that creationism could be taught in school but they wouldn't be allowed to bash evolution at all. Christians are being persecuted beyond belief in society/schools today. I read about a case in England where a girl was not allowed to wear her promise ring (promise of purity between father, God and her) but other children of other faith's were allowed to wear there garmants. Pretty interesting. You really do have more religious freedom in the Military then you do in the public school classroom. We as believers really need to pray for the students in public school. They go to battle every day.

Just thought I would give a shout out to South Dakota. They have made abortion illegal at ALL stages of pregnancy. Praise the Lord. I dont know if other states will follow suit, but man that is awesome.

"All who are thirsty All who are weak Come to the fountain Dip your heart in the stream of life Let the pain and the sorrow Be washed away In the waves of His mercy As deep cries out to deep"

I have a feeling there are people who read this blog who are hurt and feel alone. I just wanted to let you know, whoever you are, that we love you and are praying for you constantly. Those lyrics above go out to you. You are not alone. He is with you...always. Just reach out to him and he will receive you with open arms.

prayerfully yours-
Robert

1 comment:

Julia said...

Making abortion illegal in all stages of pregnancy---that is just a bad idea Robert. Do you really think that if someone was raped and beaten by their father and got pregnant they should go ahead and have the child? What about a teenager or adolescent experimenting and accidentally getting pregnant? What about people in abusive relationships? Society should never enforce this law unless you are also willing to enforce planned parenthood and contraception through law and you are willing to take all legal measures to prevent unplanned pregnancy. Even then you are applauding ruin for a rape victim because unplanned pregnancy still will happen.
And if the child is born with mental or medical deficiencies- believe me- I know several people that adopted- very few people accept children for adoption that have medical issues! These kids will be damned to live in foster care or in homes all their lives. Life is not black or white- most of it is grey and one size does not fit all. This is just the ignorance, short sightedness and plain nativity that I just so despise in some people that call themselves Christians with a clear conscience. One solution fits all and it's the "Christian" or no way. If more Christians would just be more open minded and of other opinions, cultures, people and real life, or even consider the consequences of their actions, maybe there would be less trouble in this world. I have read about Christianity in history and wherever Christianity has roamed- the outcomes were usually violent- not much different than the religion of Islam. Coming from another country I was ill equipped 14 years ago to deal with the fanaticism with which people embrace their Christian religious thoughts in this country. I had people preach and try to save me at my bedside after I was in the hospital going through 13 surgeries so I would be saved from hell!!! The nurses had to kick these people out. It is no wonder to me that we are fighting the war we are fighting because in a way we are just as ignorant and just as unaccepting as the Islamic Terrorists- not considering other views, opinion and not considering anything that is not "us" or all the facts before making up our opinions.
Please don't get me wrong- Trenton and I hope you are safe and stay in touch and we wish you and your family all the best. The discussion of the war in Iraq is a whole other topic. (btw- please ensure not to post anything on this or any other blogs that could compromise your mission- and please tell your wife to do the same).
Despite having two wonderful children of my own- I am strongly opposed to pro-life under all circumstances---but I accept the fact that your opinion is different than mine and I am open to discuss anytime- as well as other issues.