Sunday, November 25, 2007

Greetings and Salutations!

HELLO FAMILY FRIENDS AND ALL OF THE ABOVE! this is the one and only Robert coming to you from a special duty location! Everything is going well here! It seems like yesterday i was hanging out in budapest, now i am more then halfway done! WOOT WOOT!

I just thought i'd put a special post out there for my wife. She is doing an incredible job right now. What a blessing I have having her support me from back home as much as she does. She's doing an incredible job with the kids. Sometimes you never really realize how great someone is, and you take them forgranted when they are there, but when your seperated, you really realize how much you need each other. Marriage has taught me that so far. In the 2.5 years i've been married, i've learned so much about my wife that it brings a smile to my face everyday to realize how much we've grown together. And although times have been rough before, just like everyone else, knowing how special our relationship has become it makes it ALL worth it. Erin, I love you from the bottom of my heart, forever. You are my soul mate and definitely the coolest person i know :)

Everyone who is reading this, I want you to do something if you dont mind. It will only take a second. I want you to calm your heart and listen. Think about if you knew that you might not see your spouse again. think about what that would entail. Think about if they were 7'000 miles away, how much you'd long to see them after a while. You might be tough and make it the first 3 weeks, but then it hits you. You are all alone, and your soul mate is nowhere near you. Now, come back into perspective. You might be upset with your significant other, you might be mad, sad or bitter. Think about wha tyou would do for them if you felt that feeling of them being gone. Now go in the next room and tell them that you love them, and are glad they are there. T here are thousands about thousands of husbands and wives over here that would literally give there left arm to be with there spouses again. And some of them will never see them again. How could we take forgranted our relationships over petty things, when these soldiers could never see there spouse or kids again?

So what would my posts be like if it wasnt for rants?haha

Anyways Erin, I love you VERY much. And i miss you incredibly. thank you for being who you are. You are an amazing women and I am so blessed to call you mine.

With ALL my love,

Robert

To everyone else! make sure your not taking life forgranted, tons of people over here would love to be in your position, not getting shot at everyday. but there not. Love those around you. Love you all and God bless you

1 comment:

MamaK said...

Dear Robert,

In light of what happened not 48 hours after you posted this, I cannot help but thank God for his kind provisions, his tender mercies, and his goodness.

God is truly in control, and no matter what, we trust Him. His mercies never end.

Bless you guys,
Karen, for all the praying E's...