Saturday, April 26, 2008

It isnt always easy...

Hey everyone, just thought I'd put a little post up here. Everything has been alright with me. We are in the middle of exercise season here in my squadron so naturally I dont spend much time with the family. (which really isn't much fun for me at all, or my family) It isnt odd for me to go from working 12 hour day shifts, staying up for over 24 hours, then go to night shift (Thats what i am doing right now at 1:00AM) Church isn't possible either with said exercises. So needless to say, it gets rough sometimes.

To be honest sometimes going to church isn't much more helpful. Everyone is just perfect at church. Im sure some of you know these people. You know the ones whose hair is perfect, car is shiny, always smiling, never hurting. Im not perfect. I know I'm not a very good blogger. Im not the best worker at work. I fall short of being the Husband and Father I need to be a lot of the time. I sin more times in a week then I can count. Chances are I didnt have a great week. Chances are my week really wasnt good at all. I guess the biggest thing that gives me light is the fact I know that without Christ I would be nothing. I dont know where I would be without him. What a terrifying thought...


My favorite christian song of all time is "at the foot of the cross" by Tre Sheppard . ITs not the one from Tammy Trent. Anyways, one of the lyrics is "At the foot of the cross there is healing for this nation There is rest for those who wait And the love that we find is the hope of all creation We are stunned by what You gave" I just really cant wait to be away from this sinful world and being able to worship God for eternity.

Has anyone else realized that the more you learn about the Bible and God, you realize how little you knew in the first place? Sometimes I look back and think "What was I THINKING!?!?!?!?!?

This song below is called "Humble King" . I listen to it when its just been one of those days. It really is a great worship song. I hope it helps you as it helps me.


Oh kneel me down again Here at Your feet
Show me how much You love Humility
Oh spirit be the star
That leads me to
The humble heart of love
I see in You Cuz

You are the God of the broken
The friend of the weak
You wash the feet of the weary
Embrace the ones in need
And I want to be like you Jesus
To have this heart in me
You are the God of the humble You are the humble King

Oh kneel me down again
Here at Your feet
Show me how much You love Humility
Oh spirt be the star
That leads me to
The humble heart of love I see in You

You are the God of the broken
The friend of the weak
You wash the feet of the weary
Embrace the ones in need
And I want to be like You Jesus
To have this heart in me
You are the God of the humble
You are the humble King
You are the humble King

1 comment:

Marilee said...

May you be blessed by this..

Psalm 33:1-22

I love you,

Mom