Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cake and More Cake

My dear friend Amy makes cakes as a home business and she has been teaching a class the last few weeks. I have been privileged to be able to go and I am having a blast. It has been so fun learning all the techniques and getting creative.


My first fondant rose....ever.

All of my different attempts at different frosting methods. Yeah, this was the cake from the first class. Not as pretty as I would like, but that's what practice is for.

This is my second cake. We learned how to cover the cake with fondant and do some "painting" with frosting. And we got to make more roses....my favorite part.

For our final project we are making cakes that will look like hedgehogs. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh my HEAVENS that's beautiful! Way to go! I think you're a natural!